Thursday, July 21, 2005

I'm not going to apologize

It has been a lengthy amount of time since I have last posted to this little weblog that has come to be known as "scenes from an italian restaurant", and if there is someone out there who will respond to this post with two reasons why that title is appropriate, then they will win the prize of feeling good about themselves for a good little while. (HINT: If you can't figure it out, then go ahead and read on in this post and you will probably figure out a way to answer my little riddle.)

One of the reasons why I haven't posted is that I have taken up a new glorious and exciting hobby which I will now take a few moments to share about. Golf. Now, I know what you all must be thinking, that's really great that you've taken up such a hip sport, Andrew, why don't you start drinking Metamucil and watching reruns of the People's Court as well? Well before you go off into some kind of rant about golf is an old person's sport, you should probably ask yourself: did I watch the young Tiger Woods win the British Open this past weekend? If the answer is anything but yes, then you should ask yourself another question: how is that I came to be so incredibly uninformed?

With that little rant out of the way, I would like to take some time to talk about my golf game. I purchased some kind of off-brand clubset from eBay and have since played 9 holes twice with the new equipment. I love the distance I can get off the tee with a good drive and my new enormous driver. I have been fairly successful in getting to the green in regulation, but my downfall has to be my ability to read putts and score well from a short distance. Hopefully, I can get out some more and practice around the putting green and whatnot.

Now for a little hinty about my aformentioned riddle (in the form of an abstract poem):

i work in a restaurant
and i like the piano man as well

That should help you out.

Bye bye.

2 comments:

Kristin said...

ooh! ooh! i know the answer! you love billy joel and work in an italian restaurant. what better name could there be for a blog? i'm jealous that i couldn't be that creative with mine...

KTB said...

i may not be the first person to answer that you work at 84 east and love billy joel, but i bet i'm the only one who could sing every word of "scenes from an italian restaurant" with you... anytime you want to come to chicago and play it on my piano, you're welcome! :)