Sunday, March 12, 2006

bon weekend

This was a terrific weekend! A couple of my buddies and I headed down to Springfield, Ohio to watch the Flying Dutchmen in the Sweet 16. Unfortunately, we lost, but it did give us the opportunity the next day to head over to Greencastle, Indiana. Yeah, we saw smalltown America for sure. Oh, in Greencastle we saw the Flying Dutch take on the tigers of DePauw in an Elite 8 matchup. They won quite handily in the end and now advance to the Final Four in Springfield, Massachusetts.

Already in the works is a Hope College Admissions trip to the Bay State to watch the Lady Dutch of Hope College take on the something-somethings of Scranton, PA (Dunder-Mifflin Paper Company regional office located here?). Our commitment to being number one fans for Hope basketball should be apparent at this point. So I head back to the office tomorrow looking forward to a Final weekend of basketball spectatorship for this year.

To think, it all started with a brand new fieldhouse back in November. Thirty-two conference home games later, the Dutch and Dutchmen were undefeated in that place. What a blessing for an already terrific college! For me, it has meant connecting with a side of Hope College once somewhat foreign to me. My experience is now the well-rounded one I sought beginning in late August 2001. I am truly thankful for what God has blessed me with in these last five years. Have a great week.

No comments: