Friday, March 24, 2006

new york, new york

It has been a great week so far as I participate in a swing of college fairs throughout western New York. I spent Monday and Tuesday in Buffalo and then headed over to Rochester for some fair sessions at the Riverside Convention Center. Definitely some of the more social fairs I have attended -- last night I went out to local haunt the "Dinosaur BBQ" with several reps from other schools. Always cool to meet nice people in your same profession, although I am certainly not the representative to do that sort of thing at every fair I attend.

Tomorrow I have a session of the Rochester fair in the afternoon, and in the free moments I will no doubt be enjoying the third round of the TPC at Sawgrass (it should be golf's 5th major). Hopefully Tiger can get it together in rounds 3 and 4 -- he often does, as we have seen already this season. Too bad as well about Duke and Gonzaga -- SportsCenter this morning had an amazing statistic: in no year have all four #1 seeds made it to the Final Four. I guess when you think about it, that does make a lot of sense. The odds are not particularly in that outcome's favor.

Missing Michigan, but always thankful to come back and see family and friends -- to remember my roots, so to speak. Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

KTB said...

i'm in NY right now! too bad i'm on the east side... miss you kid!

Kristin said...

i had a free lunch from my coworkers riding on the division 1 bball games. i called duke...not so much. :(