Wednesday, June 29, 2005

The world can be tough

Anytime now, big guy. Last week at this time I was in Orlando--thinking and dreaming that that was the place where God intends for me to live. The reality is (after two interviews, one good school, one not-so-good school, and no real options) that Florida may in fact not be the place for me right now. The signs are pointing in the wrong direction if I am supposed to be traveling there. So, what are you going to do now?

I was told that this blog can be funny at times. I have to say that a statement like that is incredibly flattering. When it comes out of my head, it is funny for sure, I don't think anyone can argue with that. But to also have affirmation from beyond the limits of my orb, well, that is just exactly what the doctor/psychiatrist ordered.

What will I do? Well, I have a job here that can keep me on my feet for a while and there is always substitute teaching until the right job comes along. The troubling thing is that other Florida school (the one I am not interested in) may be poised at this moment to offer me a position (one that I probably would not take). Isn't it ironic, don't you think?

And while it may be no ten thousand spoons on my wedding day (or however the song goes), I am still left wondering what to do next. I had sort of put my proverbial eggs in one basket for the time being and I wish I didn't feel so scrambled. But, there is no rest for the weary. Back I will go to good ol' Gordon and Margaret Van Wylen Library and hope that something will come up. That, and a little heavy duty prayer can't hurt, either.

I needed to go to Florida. I needed to see the state of things. I needed to let go of my financial apprehensions in the interest of what had been on my heart.

This child is ready to go where you send thee.

No comments: