Friday, March 23, 2007

ramblings from the road -- day 5

Last night I had the great pleasure of attending the Chapel Choir concert at Trinity Reformed Church in Rochester, New York. It was excellent, and although it was the final stop of a long tour, I felt the choir did a tremendous job of keeping the energy high throughout the performance. I'm not going to lie -- I got a little choked up when all alumni and friends of Hope were asked to sing the alma mater. It definitely holds a special place in my heart!

I managed to get myself very lost in the city of Buffalo today. Well... I guess I shouldn't say very lost. I had directions to this high school that ended up being part of a college campus. Not very typical, this the lost-ness that happened. No worries, I made it there! And now I know where to go in the future.

I am actually back in Rochester tonight and staying with my parents for the weekend. So far it has been a relaxing time! We headed out for dinner tonight, and went to this Mexican restaurant that is new to the area (since I've been around, anyway). We sat down, ordered, and had our food within about 10 minutes' time. Incredible.

I'll be catching up with some good friends tomorrow, and then on Sunday I will eventually make my way to the hotel I will be staying in the next couple of days. Should be a good weekend!

In other news, the Dave Matthews Band is back on the road for the first time this year. You can check out the real-time setlist here.

Back tomorrow with more from the road!

No comments: