Saturday, March 24, 2007

ramblings from the road -- day 6

I heart Panera. Not only is it the largest provider of free wireless access to the Internet in the entire United States, but they also have these muffin tops they call "muffies." Add that to a cup of freshly brewed coffee, and I am quite certain I will never be more productive.

Last night I slept for 11 hours. I honestly can't remember the last time I did so, and I must have needed it. There are some mornings when it is just a blessing to wake up naturally to the light of day. This was one of those days.

I had the good fortune of getting out for a run (5K), and am pleased to see that my pace continues to improve. I average 8'30" per mile for the duration of my just over 3 miles run. I suppose a goal pace for me right now is 8 minutes per mile, and I think I will definitely get there. Disney World Half Marathon, here I come!

Had a great lunch with a good friend from high school, and then over to the local Panera to continue writing notes to the students I had seen this week. And here I sit, relaxed and enjoying the time I am spending the great state of New York.

Back tomorrow from a new hotel where I will be enjoying this. Be blessed!

No comments: