Thursday, March 29, 2007

ramblings from the road -- days 10 and 11

Based on the wise counsel of a good friend, I have decided to combine yesterday's and today's posts. Hopefully the blog might then stay up to date for the rest of my trip. For that reason, this may be a bit more extended than usual!

day 10









Day 10 was a driving day for Andy! I made my way from Rochester, NY to Manchester, CT (just outside of Hartford). Most of you know that I grew up in Rochester, and you might be surprised to know that I had never made the drive any farther east than Syracuse. It was a terrific day to be on the road! As you head east along interstate 90, the terrain becomes more and more picturesque because you are actually driving along the foothills of the Adirondack Mountains. It is incredibly beautiful, and becomes even more so as you drive past Albany into Massachusetts. I would imagine that it is even more wonderful during the fall!

I got my hotel and did some work! Then, my sister and brother-in-law picked me up at the hotel and took me out for dinner. They actually live in Manchester, and I hadn't seen them since Christmas, so it was awesome to catch up. Friday they are going to take me to their favorite dinner spot in downtown Hartford -- I am really excited about that!

Then it was back to watch "Lost", as nearly all of Wednesdays typically conclude. Let me just say -- creepiest episode I have seen in a long time. Anyone watching for the first time last night should know that it was not at all reflective of what "Lost" is typically. What a great show!

day 11

I am partway through day 11 right now! This morning I had the early session for the Hartford NACAC college fair -- I think I talked to more students that I did at the Buffalo fairs, which I found very surprising!

This afternoon is a combination of work and working out, and then I head back to the city for the evening program. It might even be better than this morning's session, with all of the parents that will be out with the students. Definitely looking forward to that!

Weekend #2 of my trip is approaching quickly. It is hard to believe that one week from today I will be back on the road to Michigan. I am looking forward to it! In the meantime, I am excited about a great week of visits and fairs. Back tomorrow with more from the road!

No comments: